- The 32-point margin of victory marked just the fourth time in the last 25 season openers that DePaul won by at least 30 points. Friday's margin was the fourth-highest in the last 25 years.
DePaul 105, Howard 61 (+44) on Nov. 20, 1999
DePaul 103, Chicago State 68 (+35) on Dec. 1, 1992
DePaul 114, Chicago State 81 (+33) on Nov. 14, 2010
DePaul 91, UC Riverside 59 (+32) on Nov. 9, 2012
- DePaul scored 91 points in both its exhibition win and the game against UC Riverside. In the exhibition game, the Blue Demons defeated Lewis by a 91-74 score.
- Cleveland Melvin set a new career high with five steals against the Highlanders... his previous high was three on two occasions.
- Melvin reached double-figures for the 49th time in 59 career games... he now has 943 points moved him into 51st on DePaul's all-time scoring list.
- The game was the third of a basketball tripleheader at McGrath-Phillips Arena with the DePaul women's team knocking off Nicholls State in the Maggie Dixon Classic. Head coach Doug Bruno and the Blue Demons face Dayton tonight in the championship game. In case you missed it, Bob Sakamoto put together a great story on the legacy of Maggie Dixon.
- AP recap from the Houston Chronicle - DePaul rolls past UC Riverside 91-59
- Story from Chicago Sun-Times - DePaul goes deep, thumps UC Riverside in opener
- Game story from the Chicago Tribune - Young scores 20 in DePaul's 91-59 win
- BIG EAST rundown at CBSSports.com - BIG EAST Court Report: Nov. 9
- Game stories from DePaul's Scout.com - Second Half Spurt Propels DePaul to Win - and Rivals.com - DePaul Opens Season With 91-59 Victory - websites
As more information becomes available for the UC Riverside postgame, we'll add it here.
One more thing... the "NBA Jam Highlight of the Night"