Results tagged “Antone Davis”
Wednesday's "Vol Calls" on the Vol Network at 8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT airs live from Calhoun's On the River in downtown Knoxville Bob Kesling and Brent Hubbs will be joined by Coach Butch Jones and Vol For Life Coordinator Antone Davis on Calhoun's outdoor patio. Former Vol quarterback Heath Shuler will also join the show for a segment over the phone. Fans can call in and ask questions by dialing 1-800-688-8657 or Tennessee Verizon customers can dial # TENN. Fans may also submit questions through the Vol Network's Facebook page - Vol Network_IMG.
Vol Calls will also feature Vol For Life Coordinator Antone Davis, NCAA Champion swimmer Kelsey Floyd and Co-Head Softball Coach Karen Weekly who will call into the program.
Former Vols All-American lineman Antone Davis, who recently reached the finals of NBC's "The Biggest Loser" will be an on-site guest at this week's Vol Calls tonight at the Turkey Creek Texas Roadhouse. Be sure to join host Bob Kesling along with guests men's basketball head coach Cuonzo Martin and Lady Vols basketball assistant Mickie DeMoss.
Week 11 (Nov. 29 airdate): Making it to makeover week ... and the final four!
Yes! It is Makeover Week. Everyone wants to make it to Makeover Week and let me tell you, it was AWESOME! This is the week you get to clean up and wear real clothes as opposed to the "Biggest Loser" clothes that we have been wearing for the last 11 weeks. This is the time that you get to see what you are going to look like when you get home and, if you are a big fan of the show, then you know that this is the episode where you get to see your family members for the first time since getting on the ranch.
Wow, what an exciting week of new things and now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is our last week on the ranch -- we get to go home to our families.
First things first. Along with the makeovers, we had a challenge this week. It was the dreaded "put the weight back on" challenge. This is where you have to put back on all the weight that you have lost and see what it feels like. This really lets you know where you have come from.
Read the rest on Knoxville.com.
At the start of the season, which premieres Tuesday, Sept. 20, the 15 contestants will split into three groups based on their ages -- under 30, between 30 and 49 and 50 and older. They'll then quickly have to make one big decision: which trainer to choose. "Biggest Loser" veteran Bob Harper is returning, but he's joined by two newcomers to the show, fitness expert Dolvett Quince and former professional tennis player Anna Kournikova.
The contestants include a former NFL player, Antone Davis, who has seen his weight rise to 447 pounds since he retired in 1997; Bonnie Griffin, a 63-year-old grandmother who lost her home in Hurricane Katrina; and Patrick Ferrari, who wants to lose weight so he can pass the physical requirements to be a police officer.
Here's the full roster of contestants; you can also see them in the gallery below, wearing shirts with their age at the start of filming on the front.
- Rebecca "Becky" Comet (Math teacher), 50, Benton, Arkansas
- Mike Danley (High school teacher/football coach), 61, Spencerville, Indiana
- Antone Davis (Restaurant manager and former NFL player), 44, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Patrick Ferrari (Mental health adult foster care worker), 25, Albany, Oregon
- John Forger (Realty company owner), 65, Canton, Massachusetts
- Bonnie Griffin (Retired payroll supervisor), 63, Picayune, Mississippi
- Vencent "Vinny" Hickerson (Songwriter/entertainer), 27, Nashville, Tennessee
- Jessica Limpert (Travel nurse), 26, San Francisco, California
- Debbie Lounds (Senior administrative assistant), 60, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Ramon Medeiros (Tattoo artist), 27, Florence, Colorado
- Joe Mitchell (Home health therapist), 46, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Courtney Rainville (Internet marketing specialist), 24, Scottsdale, Arizona
- John Rhode (Special education teacher/football coach), 40, Mesa, Arizona
- Jennifer Rumple (Television producer), 39, Alameda, California
- Sunny Sinclair (Fifth grade teacher), 41, Frisco, Texas
"The Biggest Loser" premieres at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, Sept. 20 on NBC.
- Vols in the NFL - 2016 Week 7
- Vols in the NFL - 2016 Week 6
- Vols in the NFL - 2016 Week 5
- VFL Devrin Young Signs With CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Vols In The NFL - Divisional Playoffs
- Senzel, Serrano Make Baseball America's Top 100 Draft Prospects List
- Vols In The NFL - Week 17 Schedule
- Vols In the NFL - Week 16 Schedule
- Vols In the NFL - Week 14 Update/Week 15 Schedule
- Athletic department (202)
- Baseball (404)
- Birthdays (826)
- Cross Country (63)
- Football (2605)
- Men's basketball (658)
- Men's Golf (63)
- Men's Tennis (310)
- Photography (6)
- Rowing (81)
- Soccer (136)
- Softball (139)
- Swimming and Diving (192)
- Track & Field (218)
- Volleyball (70)
- Women's Basketball (257)
- Women's Golf (48)
- Women's Tennis (65)